LinkedIn – Find and Reconnect January 29, 2007Posted by Ced in Info, Online, Search, Services.
LinkedIn is an online service that lets you keep in touch with your personal, business, and education-related contacts. This service could potentially help you broaden your professional network, and probably hasten your chances of achieving your goals.
“LinkedIn is a place to find and leverage professional opportunities, now and throughout your career. LinkedIn enables you to:
- Present yourself and your professional capabilities
- Find and reconnect with colleagues and classmates
- Leverage powerful tools to find and reach the people you need
- Build a powerful network of trusted professionals
- Discover professional relationships and opportunities
- Tap into inside connections and information
- Get the edge that gives you competitive advantage
There are already 9 million professionals in the LinkedIn Network and that number is growing fast. Whether you seek a job, a hire, a reference, a sales lead, an expert, or an inside connection at one of 50,000 companies, LinkedIn is an irreplaceable resource for building your professional relationships and achieving your goals.” [LinkedIn]
LinkedIn would probably be the high-tech way of fusing your personal *and* business network, doing away with geographical limitations. You get an online presence via your LinkedIn Profile page, similar to the ones implemented by other social network services, but in a professional sense.
As our elders always say to us, “More often than not, success is achieved not by what you know, but who you know.” Are you ready to be linked in?