Yammer.com September 18, 2008Posted by Ced in Blog, Feeds, Online, Services.
Tags: Blog, company, messaging, micro, presence, update, yammer
Yammer.com is an enterprise productivity solution that uses a publish-and-subscribe model to improve communication while reducing email overload.
“Yammer is a tool for making companies and organizations more productive through the exchange of short frequent answers to one simple question: ‘What are you working on?’ ” [Yammer]
What you can do with the service:
- Publish status updates, ideas, news, links, and questions without cluttering up inboxes.
- Subscribe to the people and topics that are relevant to you.
- Reply to status updates and have discussions.
- See what people are actually working on and talking about.
- Search archived messages as a knowledge-base.
- Find people in the directory to contact them or learn more about them.
The basic service is free. The ability to Claim and administer the company network is fee-based.
This is a nice solution for the business sector, where presence updates and online messaging can be limited to just within the company network.