Totspot.com – A Private Page for Your Child June 10, 2008Posted by Ced in Online, Services.
Tags: childhood, kid, privacy, share, story, totspot
add a comment
Totspot.com (currently on private beta) is a service that lets parents publish stuff about their kids, collect memories from friends and family, and organize existing online media.
“Childhood is an ongoing story and Totspot is the first site that makes it super easy for parents to securely share their kid’s story with friends and family.” [Totspot]
The service promises the following:
- Privacy and Security – The default privacy setting will always prevent anyone from seeing your kid’s page unless you explicitly invite them.
- Data Portability – You own your content, and Totspot will actually find ways for you to take your content to other services.
- Print it, too – When the service goes out of beta, they will offer a full array of printing options so that you can use TotSpot as a comprehensive solution for sharing the life of your kid.
WhatsYourRecord.com – Share Records of Amazing Feats April 17, 2008Posted by Ced in Online, Services.
Tags: record, share, what
1 comment so far
WhatsYourRecord.com is a free online service that lets users post their accomplished single or group records, sort of like the Guiness World Records, but informal.
“… you can add your own single records or even group records you’ve done with your friends. If you want to know other users, just add them to your friendlist and talk to them via an easy to use message system. If you want to know what records are most attempted or highest rated, just have a look at the Top List – or you can just surf around the Site to rate and comment other people records.” [WhatsYourRecord.com]
Some user records are:
- Most standing jumps on one foot in 1 minute: 106 jumps
- Longest long jump with one foot: 1m 65cm
- Longest standing backward long jump: 1m 20cm
- Longest breath holding: 1min 21sec
- Most received emails in 1 day: 64 emails
- Most sent emails in 1 day: 60 emails
This site will surely give you ideas for something to do. Or something to attempt to do anyways.